Starfish decorations for your weddings/events and for your home! Use as "pew bow" alternatives or reception chair decor, at weddings, or hang from doorknobs and wall hooks in your home.
Below I have a step-by-step tutorial to create this cute and simple DIY project.
1 Starfish (Found at craft stores)
Cement Craft Glue
- Start with long strands of Raffia Ribbon, about 12 inches long
- With your left hand pinch the strands together at one end, and with your right hand begin twirling the strands together to form what looks like a rope or a chord.
- Take your twisted raffia ribbon to create a loop...
- and tie at knot to form the base for the starfish to be applied to. I used a door knob to help keep the loop firm and tight for me to tie-or ask someone nearby to help.
- Add a pea sized dalop of the craft glue to the knot, and firmly press the knot to the center of the underneath part of the starfish. You will need to apply pressure for a few minutes to get the raffia to stick to the starfish. If it doesn't stick right away, add a bit more, but it will take a few minutes to dry and stick.
- Et voila! You have a fun decor accent to add wherever you like!
Hope you enjoyed the DIY!